Christmas Day and the day after Christmas were spent with my other side of the family: The Gugel's (pronounced Googles). They're the one I always go to the 1000 Islands with. Here are some bits from those days...
For the record this gnocchi recipe is out of this world delish. My mom has made it the last two years and both times it has been the first thing that runs out!
We did a white elephant with presents that were all under $5 this year. As it turns out, $5 can buy quite a lot. I ended up with a tupperware container. It probably doesn't sound exciting, but I was actually quite excited by it. Hah.
From the very end of the night when the selfie stick came out. What an odd (yet fun) contraption. Am I allowed to say that without being judged?
And then we made it to the day after Christmas. On this splendid day, the gang went for a long walk after breakfast. One of my favorite things about my Gugel side of the family is that everyone is so active. Our time in the 1000 Islands every summer is definitely a testament to that. Everyone fills their days with morning hikes, followed by afternoon paddles, followed by late afternoon swims, and then evening walks or field games. I hadn't exactly realized that until the first time Joe ever came with me. I had taken him for a hike in the morning and while we ate lunch he was like, "Well that was a fun day." And I was like, "But it's not over - the activities are only starting!" I do love my fam-peeps though.
Cheers!



















0 comments:
Post a Comment