Happy MLK Day everyone! Like usual, I'm way behind on blog posts and playing catch up. Also like last year, Joe and almost all of our college friends came into NYC to celebrate New Years (and hangout for a few days before and after). If the title didn't already give it away, that's what I'll be talking about today.
Ever since we left Cornell, the eight of us have ended up all over the U.S. (and Paraguay too!). This is sometimes cool, because it means having friends in multiple cities to stay with. However, usually it's not that cool because it has meant only seeing everyone all together once a year. When we do see each other though, everything falls back into place and it's so soo sooo good!!!
Here's some of our together time in New York before 2016...
On everyone's first day in town, we spent the afternoon ice skating in Bryant Park! I hadn't been skating in four or five years and couldn't even remember the last time I skated on a manmade rink. It took everyone some time to get going, but once we did it was so much fun. I don't even think anyone fell, but there were plenty of very close calls. Of course we finished with Waffles and Dinges (yum!) before heading out to Ippudo for some savory ramen to warm ourselves up (double yum!).
On the second day of New Years weekend (starting to sound like a song, huh?), we all jumped over to Upper West Side for a long and leisurely breakfast at Jacob's Pickles. If you ever have the chance to go, get the pickled carrots. I can never get enough of those! The biscuits and mushroom gravy are also a great veg option.
After brunch, we went over to the Museum of Natural History for the afternoon.
Maggie and Mike and I always joke about how boss Teddy Roosevelt is. Maggie and I go so far as to claim him as our presidential crush. Finding this statue was so perfect. We definitely gave bronze T.R. lotsa love. <3
After hearing so much about the origami Christmas tree at the Museum of Natural History (from blogs and Instagram... where else?!), I was so excited to see it for myself. I actually forgot about it, but it just so happened that we walked by it on our way out. It is seriously so cool in person you guys! It's down for the year now, but make sure you put it on your must-see list for next year.
On our way from the UWS to the UES, I took everyone on a detour to Belvedere Castle (the highest point in Central Park). Just looking at this picture above makes me so happy/makes me miss them all so much. They're my squad, friend family, peeps, betches, peepsies, amis, 209 College Ave, etc. Sorry to get sappy, but they're the best. They're all so funny and nice, but they're also the ones who managed to make me not only smile, but made me laugh every single day when I was going through a few not so very great times throughout college.
And then we hit up my neighborhood watering hole: The Pony Bar. I don't go there all that often, but every time I do it impresses me. Thankfully it impressed everyone else too.
Not pictured in this post: 2.5 pitchers of margaritas consumed by 7 (and enchiladas!), Jenga, friends trying on my array of hats, long subway rides, 80's and 90's throwback hits, and lots and lots of laughs.
























0 comments:
Post a Comment