January 31, 2016

Time To Move On


The first of many coming transitions in the next half year of my life:



Yesterday, I moved out of my New York City apartment and back to Westchester. This transition feels a little more bitter than sweet, but with leaving for the Appalachian Trail in less than fifty days (and my yearlong lease up) it only makes sense.

That being said, I'm really really going to miss that place and all the memories made there. From nights watching The Bachelor and KUWTK and drinking cosmos with Amie DB, to fairly regular Pasta Fridays with friends who were able to drop by, to walking to work through Central Park, to hanging out on the fire escape during hot summer days, to all the cool restaurant and bars in the area. My year living in New York City was awesome, and maybe it'll happen again in my life, but if it doesn't, I'm glad I can say that I ate, I saw, and I conquered. If I'm being honest though, eating was one of the major highlights. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Exciting that you got to experience NYC though! Your memories will last forever!

    xo

    www.dylanasuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I grew up right outside of it, but I'm really glad I got my 1.5 years truly in the city between living and working there. I feel like I know it 1000x better now.

      Delete
  2. Eeee! Congrats! Leaving NYC is so hard, but it sounds like you packed a lot of memories into your year. Also, when I graduated from college, I played that same song as I pulled away. ;)

    Kelly | Kelly in the City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Can't believe I'm leaving NYC, but at least the transition is a little easier since I'll be working there for another month. Also that's so funny with the song. It's a really good one though!

      Delete
  3. Congrats! Happy memories!! :)
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete