February 18, 2016

Chicago Last Weekend









I spent last weekend in Chicago with Joe and it was super fun. Can't believe I'll be moving that way in just about half a year. 

Here are some moments from my time there...

1. A night out with Joe + our BFFs Maggie and Sam.
We went out to a bar, had a really great time. (Lots of G+T's and R+C's were consumed lol). When it got too late, we all ended up having a sleepover in Joe's studio apartment. That probably sounds weird, but it was seriously so fun. We ate doughnuts and texted our other college friends and laughed for a long, long time. Of all the things I'm looking forward to about moving to Chicago, getting together with those two more regularly is near the very top.

2. An "interview".
Since I'm leaving my job, I figured I'd try to get transferred to my company's Chicago office. While they can't guarantee a job since they don't know their needs in 6 months, it looks like there's a pretty decent chance of it.

3. Brunch with my aunt and my cousin.
Right before I got on the plane to Chicago, I got a text from my aunt letting me know that she and my cousin would be in Chicago. My cousin and Joe had never met before so it was cool that that finally happened.

4. A pop-up Cards Against Humanity exhibit.
Joe and I walked by it one afternoon and it was really interesting. It detailed the history of the game and some of the interesting marketing techniques they have used. Also, apparently it was made by friends who all lived in a Chicago suburb.

5. Med school formal!
It was so so fun! More to come on this one.

6. Valentine's Day.
Joe and I exchanged cards (handmade on recycled paper ftw!), ate candy, and watched SVU and Modern Family all day. For dinner we made ramen from scratch and ate strawberry mochi ice cream for dessert. It was low key and very us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment