February 28, 2016

Feinberg Formal 2016

Over President's Day Weekend, Joe invited me to be his date to his med school formal just like last year. I don't know about you, but I love a good opportunity to get dressed up. Working in advertising doesn't allow me that more than a handful of times a year, so the more dress up occasions I can get in with Joe and friends and family, the better!

I actually found the dress I'm wearing above new with the tag at Buffalo Exchange for less than a fifth of the original price! My shoes are hand-me-down Steve Maddens that I've had for more than ten years because that's how I roll, but seriously, they've held up magically over the years. 

Anyway, the formal was really nice again this year. I didn't finish more than half a bottle of wine before it either, which meant I went into it with tons of energy. There was however some pre-formal wine, which I had to have one glass of because a girl has to have her daily dose of antioxidants. ;)

Speaking of pre-formal, Joe's friends Max and Anna hosted it at their apartment. They are always such great hosts. The cheeses they had were unbelievably good and they even had heart-themed cocktail napkins for Valentine's Day. I don't know why, but themed napkins (or if we're being real, napkins at all) just seem so adult to me.




In addition to themed-napkins they have a cat. Two actually. I realize this may just be the worst transitional sentence in history, but having pets also seems so adult to me. 

Their cat Percy is the best. Basically he doesn't act like a cat and always wants to be around people. Anyway, this was totally me that night. Red wine in hand and all. Also, that Snapchat above may be my finest Snapchat work to date.

After pre-formal, we made it over to formal. 



Joe plus some of our table members! What a classy group.  



Joe + more of our classy table members. 

I didn't drink too much wine before formal, but I probably had three of these fruity drinks. I'm not exactly sure what they had in them, but I think they were a fancy version of a Sea Breeze. 

Me and my dashing date again. For a guy who prides himself on dressing for function rather than form, he really knows how to throw on a suit and be fancy when the occasion calls. 

We danced a ton at the formal. I don't know why, but it seems that every other person in Joe's med school was a professional dancer at one point. People were doing ballroom dances with partners and there were guys doing splits on the floor... even a few professors were getting down. (And there Joe and I were just spinning around the whole time. Haha. It may have not been pretty, but it was tons of fun.)

And here are some of those inevitable end-of-the night pictures from when we were too tired to dance, but not tired enough to leave. :)

Once we got tired enough to leave, we walked home. Mostly. I convinced (like really convinced) Joe we could make the mile walk home. It started out refreshing and beautiful, except about two-thirds of the way home, my feet started killing me in heels so we got an Uber and it was glorious (and Joe didn't say I told you so because he totally deserved to). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment