I was in the city earlier this week and saw my friend Laura (Amie L) for the first time since I left for the trail in March. It always amazing me how you can always pick up with a close friend after not seeing each other for so long. Of course we played the catch up game too. Then she asked what would be happening to my blog. After not blogging for six months I hadn't thought about it much. But now that someone has brought it up, it's gotten me thinking about what place blogging will have when I move to Chicago. I'm still thinking that through, but in the meantime here's some of what I've been up to.
Doing: Lots!
- Getting ready to move to Chicago (after living out of a 25 pound backpack for nearly half a year the amount of stuff I have is giving me major anxiety)
- Catching up with friends + family
- Going through pictures from my thru-hike. The best of the best are here if you weren't already following along ;)
- Teaching myself HTML via Codecademy
- Trying to beat my 5K PR on the treadmill
Drinking: Cans upon cans of La Croix coconut seltzer
Enjoying: Sunsets. My mom and I went down to the Hudson River in Ossining last Sunday night and it was amazing!
Listening To: Music my trail family got me into... I'm seriously obsessed.
- Alt-J ( Something Good / Taro )
- Bon Iver ( Flume / Skinny Love )
- Ben Howard ( The Wolves / Rivers In Your Mouth )
Watching: Boyhood, Finding Dory, Degrassi Next Class (I started watching it in middle school and it's been a guilty pleasure ever since!)
Laughing About: Tape Face (I don't watch America's Got Talent, but I stumbled upon this the other day it was hard not to watch) + Times You Wish You Picked Up Your Package Instead
Missing: My trail families. (That's my last trail fam above!)
Planning: Besides moving to Chicago (!), a hiking trip to the Adirondacks this weekend with my brother Dan and my trail friend Mountain Goat. I'm so excited to get back to the woods!
(And for now, that's all she wrote. Have a fun weekend everyone!)




0 comments:
Post a Comment