September 25, 2016

Currently - September 25th, 2016


























You guys!! I'm currently in Chicago. Like in Chicago for good! I spent all Thursday driving from New York (13 hours in total) and it didn't suck as much as I thought it would. It didn't actually suck that much at all. It reminded me of hiking in that autopilot kind of way. During the drive I drank two iced coffees, enjoyed the 70 mph speed limit on the interstate, and jammed out to a playlist from a night a while ago that involved lots of tequila (lolz). Good times...

It's weird (but good) to finally be in Chicago with Joe. It seems more like I'll be leaving in a few days, but this time, I'm not. I still have sooo much unpacking/organizing to do though! As for what else is happening in my life...

Listening To:
  • The Shins ( New Slang / Phantom Limb ). I caught one of their songs on the radio earlier this week and finally found out it was by The Shins.
  • Fleet Foxes ( Mykonos / Blue Ridge Mountains ). I think I'm the last person to jump on this train, but whatever.
Eating: I've felt uninspired this week, but Joe and I had some homemade tomato soup the other night and I've been eating it ever since.

Drinking: Iced coffee. (Except I don't even like coffee that much.)

Wearing: My "town dress" (the comfy dress I'd wear in towns while I was on the trail). I think I wore it like four days this week. (It's in the laundry now).

Watching:
  • Portlandia
  • Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny (yeah...)
  • Wild (currently dreaming of PCT 2018...).
Reading: The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer

Planning: A Whole 30 starting in October, getting a job..., some possible fall trips in the Midwest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment