October 22, 2016

AN ANNIVERSARY HOT CHOCOLATE DATE

Last Saturday morning, Joe and I went out to brunch to celebrate our fifth dating anniversary! After reading about Mindy's Hot Chocolate (aka: Hot Chocolate Chicago) last winter, I decided that our anniversary was the perfect occasion for my favorite chocolate lover and I to pay it a visit.

We arrived to Wicker Park before our reservation so strolled around and stumbled upon the 606, a cool elevated walkway along an old train bed. (Think NYC's highline but with less art and more running and biking). Soon it was time to head to brunch and oh my gosh, it was amazing! The restaurant was lively, but not loud, it smelled like baked goods, and we were seated in a cozy little corner where we could take the whole scene in. After a long look at the menu (the waiter had to come back a few times, which isn't atypical for me), Joe went with the dark chocolate hot chocolate and apple cinnamon pancakes and I went with the milk chocolate hot chocolate and a homemade avocado toast bagel. The hot chocolate definitely wowed us. It was beyond decadent and like we were drinking bowls of melted chocolate! No complaints there though. And I did finish! Not even Joe could. Super proud moment on my part haha.

After brunch, we walked on the 606 again, both of us needing some fresh air and movement to stave off impending sugar crashes and found a comic book shop. I'd never been in one before but it reminded me of the one from The Simpson's. I don't know why, but it felt like we were in another era. We perused the selections for a bit, and then caught our train home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment