Joe, a few friends, and I went out to a casual taco bar a few weekends ago. Before dinner, however, Joe and I had everyone over to our studio apartment for pre-dinner drinks. I'm no stranger to hosting in tiny spaces after living in NYC, but even though I didn't have a living room in NYC, my bedroom and kitchen were two different rooms. Anywho, entertaining for an hour in a studio went swimmingly! We fit six people (including us) in and served up margz and Coronas in the spirit of tacos (and also because they're two of my very favorites).
Halloween Part 1! Joe and I were originally going to be Ferris Bueller and Sloane Peterson because #chicagothemedcostumes, but we weren't able to get costumes together for that in time, so we decided to go as happy campers. I got to put on my gear from thru-hiking and it felt so good.
Last week, I walked downtown to Target to pick up a gift. When I was done shopping, I swung around the corner to catch the Art Institute's lions decked out in Cubs hats.
Speaking of the Cubs ... Go Cubs go! Chicago is so excited about the World Series. Everyone is wearing Cubs gear and all the buildings have W flags flying. It has been pretty festive.
Walking down Michigan Ave one day, I stumbled upon a Quaker Oatmeal truck. There was a contest earlier this year for a new flavor, and they now have it narrowed down to the final three. When I went by the truck, they were giving away oatmeal and having people vote on their favorite flavor, so naturally I decided to try all three to make an informed decision.
Cider donuts! Making these has become one of my favorite fall traditions. I've made them every fall for the last five years. They're fairly easy to make and definitely one of those desserts that impress people, if only because no one ever shows up with homemade donuts.
After running a treadmill 5K. After knee problems for seemily forever, my knees are cooperating with fairly regular low mileage, which I've been so excited about. (PS: In case you can't tell, those are not abs lol).
Our friend Maggie came to visit this past weekend for Halloween Part 2. She lives in the Chicago suburbs and was a Snapchat filter for Halloween. (I repeated last weekend's costume and embraced being a happy camper again). We ended up going out for ramen and then watching movies with friends.
The breakfast club. Every Sunday morning we all go to Stan's Donuts for a casual breakfast. I've been skipping the actual donut eating part for the past few weeks because of the Whole30 I was doing, but I've pretty much given up with that and ate a donut this week. It was like the donut version of a Samoa Girl Scout cookie and absolutely incredible.











0 comments:
Post a Comment