Eating
- Whole30 no more. Well mine was really a Half30, but whatever. It served its intended purpose.
- Anywho, here are a few tasty recipes I've been making lately...
- Peanut Eggplant Tofu Bowls
- Vegan Shepherd's Pie
- Cider Donuts
- These muffins a la vegan (subtract eggs, replace milk with favorite non-dairy option)
- Banana bread, but with more bananas, and no sugar (except for chocolate chips :D)
- Mixed drinks with Trader Joe's liquor.
- Well like once a week, but TJ's brand liquor is great for the price and perfect for mixed drinks. (In Chicago, it's $9.99 for .75L of vodka and $13.99 for 1L of tequila).
- It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
- Joe and I are currently halfway through Season 5.
- The Mindy Project + Pretty Little Liars
- I've finally remembered to catch up on these shows after missing them while on the trail.
Watching (Movies)
- I'm a self-proclaimed non-movie person, but as I try to make the most of my unemployed time, I'm trying to watch some classics I've never gotten around to. So far they've included:
- Breakfast At Tiffany's
- Pretty Woman
- Mystic Pizza
Cheering For
- The Cubs!
- Last Thursday night was sooo intense, but OMG! 108 years is over. It's been really exciting in Chicago.
Exercising
- Running has been so so good. I've been working my way up to running a 5K at an 8 minute pace on the treadmill and went to Nike Running Club over the weekend.
- My friend Anna and I have also been working out a few mornings a week. We do a bunch of things, but we actually do abs and it's nice to have someone to peer pressure me into doing them.
- More Alt-J, An Awesome Wave (2014)
- Daughter ( Candles , Still , Youth )
- Ellie Goulding ( Something In The Way You Move , Outside )
- This vest in black (except a gently used one from eBay because I don't buy new down). I've worn it almost every day since it arrived last week.
- Trader Joe's French Hand Soap. It smells so good and is vegan/as close to natural as soaps come.
- Melatonin. I've only been using it for a few days, but since I started using it, I've been going to bed actually tired versus going to bed because it's late and time to sleep.
- What Alice Forgot by Lianne Moriarty
- Started and finished last week. I read it with the same voracity that I read Gone Girl in. Apparently it's going to be a movie starring Jennifer Aniston in 2017.
- David Copperfield
- Picked this brick up again and started it from the beginning. I'm on a mission to finish it before I turn 25. So far, the going is slow.
I guess that's it for now. What are you up to these days?



0 comments:
Post a Comment