November 23, 2016

FANCY LATTES IN THE WEST LOOP (AND OTHER SUNDAY STUFF)











On Sunday, Joe and I bundled up (first below freezing day!!) and headed to the West Loop. Sunday is usually when we go to Stan's, but after stumbling upon Sawada Coffee online, we changed our plans.

At Sawada, Joe had a chocolate donut and a High Five Mocha Latte (because mocha is his drink of choice, but also because high fives are awesome). I had a matcha-mocha-espresso "Military Latte" and a camo donut to match.

We ate breakfast next to a couple who was definitely on one of their first dates. It was funny to overhear how intensely, but carefully they discussed a wide range of subjects. All the while we took silly pictures, joked about a few of my high school crushes (including a guy with a tattoo on the inside of his lip...), and quoted our favorite It's Always Sunny scenes. Yeah. I really like where we're at. :)

After breakfast we headed to Millennium Park to see the tree, which is already up!!! I'm not one for getting into Christmas before December, but with everything going on this year, partaking in some early holiday cheer feels right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment