January 15, 2017

CURRENTLY (RUNNING CLUB, THINGS I'VE COOKED, A KATE SPADE SKIRT, & MORE)

Hey there. Sorry it's been super sporadic in here. I still have New Year's updates to share, but I figured I'd let you know what I've been up to since returning to Chicago.

Going to: Nike Running Club! It started back up again after the holidays. I ran in the 5 degree weather last Saturday, went to my first speed workout on Wednesday, and went back again yesterday morning for an amazing 10 miles!

Wearing: This Kate Spade skirt. I bought it at a thrift store with the intention of upselling it on eBay, but since that hasn't happened, I decided to wear it last week and it totally made my day more fun. I felt like I was in the Mad Men era.

Cooking: Lots!

Reading: Lots!
  • The Alchemist (finished last week) - A quick read with lots to reflect on
  • Truly Madly Guilty (finished today) - A page-turner, although I was a little over it by the end. 
  • The Girls (started today) - I'll let you know soon!
Watching: Parks and Rec Season 2 / It's Always Sunny Season 11

Drinking: Wine. I ended up picking up a bottle after a long day at work and it was such a treat. Especially because I haven't actually done that since moving to Chicago almost four months ago.

Celebrating: Joe's birthday. It was actually last week on our first day back from the holidays, but we had a nice dinner at home complete with a cookie skillet! Then over the weekend we went out with friends to Umami Burger to officially celebrate.

Making:
Joe's birthday list! I coerced him to make a birthday list too. It has things like finishing up a bunch of games, learning to make drinks from a book I gave him a few years ago, doing 60 push ups, etc. He was so not into the making of the list, but now that it's made, I always find him working towards one item or another. 

Listening To: Technically this was from December, but it's a Spotify playlist where I dumped all my favorite songs from December. I used to make monthly playlists when I was a freshman and loved it, so I'm not sure why I stopped, but I started again last month and well, it's great. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment