January 20, 2017

DEEP DISH, A LONG RUN, & DONUTS (LAST WEEKEND)

I know always say "Last weekend was a good one", but yeah, last weekend was a good one. No plans turned into some plans, and by the end of the weekend it felt like a lot of rest and fun had happened. 
On Friday night, Joe and I originally didn't have anything going on. Towards the end of work when nothing was going on, I was browsing Groupon when I noticed that the deep dish place Joe and I always go to had a really good deal. I texted Joe before buying, but when I didn't hear from him after a few minutes, I just went ahead and bought it and we went out for deep dish! 

On Saturday, I went to Nike Running Club. I know I already mentioned this, but I ended up running 10 miles and it felt so big!! I haven't run since Saturday and have been doing tons of wall sits to strengthen my muscles to handle this weekend's run.

Anyway, for the rest of Saturday, I was kind of exhausted and Joe and I hung out watching Parks and Rec.

On Sunday we both woke up so early from our early bedtimes and went to check out the Heritage Bicycles General Store - which besides being one of the most Instagrammable coffee shops in Chicago (lol) was so good! Joe had a hazelnut cappuccino and I had a lavender latte. We then split a pumpkin pecan scone, a cherry donut, and a chocolate donut. The whole place is so bright and Joe and I ended up sitting there for a long time and having the nicest of little dates before heading out to walk around the Lakeview neighborhood and grab groceries at TJ's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment