February 8, 2017

WEEKEND: A FASTER RUN, LATTES, A PARTY, AND THE SUPER BOWL


FRIDAY

After work, I went out for drinks with a few coworkers. Right after I went home to crash for the evening. Somehow I woke up at 3:00 am on Friday and never ended up falling back to sleep so I was exhausted!


SATURDAY




In the morning I went to NRC and joined the 9:00 min/mile group for the first time ever! I've recently realized that when I join the 9:30 min/mile group, I'm *that* person who ends up pushing the pace a bit too hard (usually I'm the slow person who hates *that* person haha). Anyway, I thought that might be my cue to move up, so I joined the 9:00 min/mile group. The run started out way faster than a 9:00 min/mile pace and it was so hard and kicked my but, but that's probably a good thing.

Later in the morning, Joe and I met up to hangout with Maggie at Sawada! Joe and I went in December and it has quickly become one of our favorites. The Japanese x 90's grunge theme is so unique (even Joe's kind of obsessed) and their military latte is probably the only latte I'd ever pay $6.00 for haha. Yeah. It's that good.

At night, Joe and I went to hangout with our friends Max and Anna + a few other med school friends + a bunch of Anna's mostly-British ice skating friends. It's always such a fun, interesting group of people. Joe and I ended up staying out way way way later than we planned on and I ended up eating way way way more cheese than I planned on (cheese isn't a euphemism here). Yeah, it was a fun night. :)

SUNDAY



On Sunday, I woke up way too early after being out so late the night before. I went for another 5 mile run along the lakefront (it was finally super sunny out!) and then met up with Joe and our friends for our weekly Sunday donuts at Stan's. After, Joe and I got some much needed haircuts, grocery shopped, did laundry, and went over to Max and Anna's again for the Super Bowl (plus Chinese food, my favorite buffalo cauliflower wings, and a pajama party).

0 comments:

Post a Comment