March 1, 2017

PRESIDENT'S DAY WEEKEND

Life lately has been busy. Here's President's Day Weekend for now anyway...

FRIDAY

I didn't get home from work until after 8, but after eating a quick dinner, Joe and I met up with Maggie and her new boyfriend John in Wrigleyville. We started out in a divey bar where we ended up getting free drinks due to some weird friend of a friend connection that I don't understand (although I'll usually take free drinks without asking questions haha). After we moved on to another bar around the corner. 

Maggie has been talking about doing these things called Malört shots since I moved to Chicago. Even those she's a Chicagoan she never had either so she thought we should all become true Chicagoans together. That being said, they were horrible. She warned me things she'd heard, but oh my gosh - ew! The alcohol burn I can handle to an extent, but these, these... They were bitter and I don't think I'll do another ever again. We followed it with a fish bowl we split four ways though, and that was way tastier/a great palate cleanser.

Joe and I ended the night with karaoke, and then bid Maggie and John adieu, and all the while I hoped I'd be able to rise for my 7:30 am alarm...


SATURDAY

I reluctantly rose for my 7:30 am alarm and made it to NRC for 7 miles. It was finally a bad run. I was the slowest person in the 9:30 min/mile group for once. It felt like a milestone in the sense that it was my first truly bad run since I've gotten back into running, so I guess there's that. 

At night, Joe and I went out to celebrated a belated Valentine's Day in Wicker Park! We started at The Violet Hour, which is hidden behind a secret door, for some appetizers and special drinks. After we had the tastiest tacos and split a horchata banana milkshake at Antique Taco before heading home for the night. 


SUNDAY

On Sunday, Joe had to go in for work and I spent my day watching Desperate Housewives and went for a two part 8 mile run in the afternoon through Lincoln Park and Lakeview to Heritage Coffee. I'm so obsessed with that place. Joe and I got back at the same time in the afternoon. We hung out, ate dinner, and then met up with friends for froyo. I hadn't had froyo in over a year. I know it's now so much a fad anymore, but man, I love that stuff so much! 


MONDAY

On Monday, Joe and I both had off for President's Day! Besides it being our laundry/grocery day, we went to the Field Museum for the first time! We saw exhibits on African culture and gems and kind of just strolled through the entire place before going home and preparing for the upcoming work week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment