March 10, 2017

THIS WEEK IN RUNNING



I'm running the Chicago Marathon this year! I know I've already said that, but the more I get into training, the more real it feels. When I signed up for the marathon, my "long" run was 6.5 miles and my weekly mileage was 9 miles. Now I'm up to 11 miles for my long run and I'm running around 15 miles a week!  Since I'd like somewhere to note my progress outside of the NRC app, I'd like to start having a (hopefully) weekly post here about my week in running, so yeah! Here's this week in running...

THURSDAY // 2.4 MILES (1.4 MILES @ 8:45 MIN/MILE, 1 MILE @ 9:45 MIN/MILE) 

SOLO ON THE TREADMILL
After skipping my weekend runs in Michigan (for the better - it was 20 degrees), I paid my apartment's gym a visit. I thought it'd be a good run after taking a week off, but no, it wasn't. I was tired from work and it showed.

SATURDAY // 7.0 MILES @ 9:10 MIN/MILE
LAKEFRONT PATH WITH NRC
Despite being out late on Friday, I was committed to making my Saturday running group. I drank an entire quart of coconut water beforehand and dragged myself to Nike. Once I started running, I actually felt pretty good! I felt light, the chatting was easy, and I didn't feel any signs that I'd had a beer and a few cocktails the night before. Then the way back happened. When we turned around to head back, we realized how windy it was. It was like we were running into a wall of 20 mph wind. Brr. It certainly pushed us to pick up the pace to get out of it that much faster though!

TUESDAY // 7.2 MILES @ 9:20 MIN/MILE
LINCOLN PARK/LAKEFRONT PATH WITH FLEET FEET CHICKS' NIGHT!

On Monday, I ended up perusing Fleet Feet's fun run calendar. In doing so, I noticed that they host women's only runs near me every Tuesday night! I'm so glad I went. I got out of work early enough, but made it there with almost no time to spare. It was dark out for the entire run, but so fun to be running through it with about 15 other ladies. I ran most of the way chatting with a woman who has run 31 marathons and is trying to run a marathon in every state (she's now at 20!). Whoa. The only reason we were at the same pace on Tuesday was because she had a run a marathon and a 5K over the weekend. Also whoa. Anyway, I'm already looking forward to next week and meeting more cool Chicago ladies!

TOTAL // 16.6 MILES (!!)

A three year (running) record. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment