April 19, 2017

EASTER WEEKEND 2017

Did you celebrate Easter this weekend? Joe and I stayed in Chicago and didn't go to Church, but Easter weekend was really fun this year.


On Saturday, I went to Nike Run Club and it was so warm out. Blah. When I got home I was starving so quickly showered and Joe and I went to Einstein's to grab bagels (and a San Pellegrino for me) to take to the lakefront. Even when I wasn't running it still felt so warm out. Maybe as hot as 85 degrees in the full sun.


The rest of the afternoon was pretty lazy. We ended up hanging out at home and eating dinner in, but after dinner we went to Eataly for gelato! I hadn't been to Eataly in over a year and one bite of my salted caramel/tiramisu cup made me realize how much I've missed it. We took it to go and ate it as we walked around Streeterville.


On Easter Sunday, my day started out with an early run in the morning. I was proud that I dragged myself out the door at 7:20 am and got in my run before it got too hot and too crowded along the lake. On my way home, I went to Walgreen's to pick up Easter candy. In the past they've always had holiday candy out for days after the holiday, but this time, they literally only had a few rejects left - black jellybeans and Reese's Cups filled with Reese's Pieces. I got the Reese's Pieces Reese's Cups, although I'll admit that I still don't get the concept. They weren't bad, but I'd definitely prefer an original Reese's without crunch bits inside. 


When I got home, I hid some Reese's eggs for Joe to find (/for my amusement ;p). He found the first 4 really quickly, but the last two took him awhile and it was fun to have him look for them. While he continued to look for them and took care of the laundry, I made us brunch. I took out my crepe pan for the first time since moving and made a little stack. We filled them with cherry apple compote + nutella (obvi) and they were so good! Considering how easy they are, I really need to make them more.








Later on in the afternoon, we headed to our friend's Max and Anna's apartment for an Easter get together. Joe was a good sport and got dressed up with me even though we weren't going anywhere fancy and he claimed no one else would get dressed up. For Easter dinner we had ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, and candy too! Max and Anna insisted they had all the food covered, so Joe and I brought Lindemans Framboise, which is delicious if you've never had it before! While we were at Max and Anna's, everyone played way too much Just Dance and we all talked about getting earrings and tattoos for most of dinner haha. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment