You guys! I'm starting to feel like a real runner again! For so long, each time I went out running I would tell myself that this run could be the run to break me, but it hasn't happened. I keep doing the wall sits and the miles keep coming.
This week didn't contain too much mileage since I'll be running in the Shamrock Shuffle on Sunday (!!!) and felt like I was coming down with a cold on Monday and Tuesday, but I'm considering the double-digit mileage a definite win.
So this week in running...


SATURDAY // 5.2 MILES @ 9:40 MIN/MILE
SOLO THROUGH LINCOLN PARK/ON THE LAKEFRONT PATH
NRC got moved to Sunday, but I still got in my Saturday run. Five miles, 40 degree rainy weather. Yeah. It was such Bon Iver listening weather if you know what I mean.
SUNDAY // 3.7 MILES (3.26 MILES @ 8:28 MIN/MILE, .44 at 8:56 MIN/MILE)NRC HOME RUN ON THE LAKEFRONT PATH
When I woke up on Sunday I was soooo thirsty! I accidentally fell asleep at 9:00 pm on Saturday after brewery hopping all day, and never drank water before going to bed. I wasn't hungover, but I needed a few cups of water to feel ready to exercise. Then off to Nike it was.Given that Sunday (3/26) was Nike Air launch day, we ran exactly 3.26 miles. I joined the 9:00 min/mile group and yeah, we ran fast. I wasn't expecting to be able to keep up, but somehow I did. Our first two miles were at an 8:19 min/mile pace and they actually felt really good. Quite a bit faster than conversation pace, but slow enough for me to acknowledge whoever was talking with short sentences here and there haha.


WEDNESDAY // 4 MILES (3.2 @ 8:31 MIN/MILE, 0.8 @ 9:45 MIN/MILE)SOLO WORKOUT ON THE LAKEFRONT PATH
With my Sunday race coming up, I thought I'd get out and do a little speedwork four days before the big day - just to build up confidence more than anything. I've been having race nightmares almost every night this week. As for this run, This run was a hard one. After a quick warm up, I ran 3.2 miles, aiming for an 8:30 pace. I could feel myself being tired from work when I started, but pushed through. The first 1.9 miles were straight into wind, and then the 1.9 miles on the way back were a bit better, although the wind was coming in from the side. I'm really crossing my fingers that I'll be able to do that for 4.97 miles (8K) on Sunday.
FRIDAY // 0 MILES SHAMROCK SHUFFLE PACKET PICKUP
Yesterday Maggie and I went to a huge expo center and picked up our race packets! We also won chapsticks and ate Quorn (it's so weird) and Kefir ice pop samples (yum).We talked lots about Sunday's race too. We both have the same time goal, so I'm hoping we manage to stick together through at least part of the race for motivation.



0 comments:
Post a Comment