May 10, 2017

THIS WEEK IN RUNNING // WEEK 9

Week 9! Let's talk about it!

SATURDAY // 5.7 MILES @ 8:55 MIN/MILE

NRC HOME RUN ON THE LAKEFRONT PATH 

I ended up surprising myself with this run. I thought I had made up my mind to join the 9:30 min/mile group, but somehow I decided to join the 9:00 min/mile group at the last minute. It was really cold out and windy. We started out running at an 8:45 min/mile pace which felt good, but as soon as we got out to the Lakefront Path, running got hard. We were running straight into 25 mph winds and through a sandstorm. Sand got in my shoes, in my eyes, and in my mouth. I watched my NRC app as the average pace creeped its way up from 8:45 min/mile all the way to a 9:25 min/mile pace. As we turned around, the wind blew, but at least it was at our backs. The group started making up for lost time.


Here's a little post-run shot for you... Windblown and happy to be inside! Also I thought I was being smart wearing a hat since rain was predicted, but no. It blew off once and I had to chase it for 30 feet.


Also, about that sand...


SUNDAY // 4.2 MILES @ 9:22 MIN/MILE

TREADMILL + 1 MILE OUTSIDE 

More bad weather. I was planning to run outside, but by the time I stepped outside, I decided that I didn't feel like toughing out the rainy 40 degree weather, so the gym is where I landed.

My pace on the treadmill was comfortable, but my building's tiny gym was hot with no air circulation. On the plus side, I had the gym all to myself and got to watch the Food Network as I ran and did planks.


My last mile on Sunday was on the way to Stan's when the rain had subsided for a little. I met Joe and our friends Max, Anna, and Matt and somehow allowed myself to drink two San Pellegrino's. :P


TUESDAY // 8.7 MILES 2.2 MILE WU, 5 MILES (8:53 MIN/MILE), 1.5 MILE CD)

FLEET FEET CHICKS NIGHT
I got out of work at 5:40 pm and somehow in 50 minutes, I managed to jog 2 miles home with all my work stuff, get dressed, eat a snack, and run 1.5 miles to Fleet Feet to make it there on time.

As for the run, amazing. Fleet Feet is a bit different than Nike. The girls at FF remind me more of my mom and all my friends from high school who run. Less Lululemon, more old race/college/event shirts. More about the feeling that comes from the run, less about the idea of a beach body. Think that makes sense...

I ran slightly over 5 miles with 3 other girls. The first mile was easy, but after that we ran hard. I didn't even realize it for the first 2/3 of the run with good conversation but then one of the girls was like... that last mile was at an 8 minute pace, and I was like ha I guess that's why I stopped talking.
After the run I hung out with the group for a bit doing planks and stuff and then  jogged home slowly.

THURSDAY // 7 MILES @ 10:00 MIN/MILE

SUNSET RUN ALL AROUND CHICAGO
Realizing I could finish the week off with a bunch of mileage and make the next week my easy week, I decided to run on Thursday night. My run was actually after dinner. Joe and I had pasta and green beans for dinner, so it wasn't anything heavy but I still had acid reflux and had to pee for most of the run. (TMI... I know.)

That being said, I took it really slow. It was quiet out. I ran to Navy Pier, on the Riverwalk, and explored some areas west of where I live before returning home.

TOTAL // 25.6 MILES

0 comments:

Post a Comment