June 13, 2017

TRAIL DAYS 2017 + TRAIL MAGIC // DAY 3

And finally I'm on to the last bit of Trail Days: Sunday. I woke up before everyone else and was starving and was happy to have a little alone time, so went to Mojo's Café as everyone slept in.


On my way there, I walked through town and was pleased to find that the "Cool Bus" is still around!


Overall, Damascus was pretty quiet, but as soon as I got to Mojo's I found a big crowd. I got the same breakfast as the day before and sat on my own, as I watched everyone in their Sunday morning dazes.

As I finished breakfast, Waterfall popped in and was actually on his way out of town so I walked out with him and said goodbye. After, I found Splinter, Boyardee, 11:30, and Pockets who were going to drive to the Cracker Barrell a few miles away. I decided to stay in Damascus and pack up and wander around.

On my walk, I popped by the Yellow Deli for some maté. Their maté pretty much revived me while I was on trail. I had hiked 90+ miles of mountains in about 3 days and could barely stand up when I got to the road to hitch to the Yellow Deli. At the Yellow Deli, I spent 15 hours eating lots and drinking lots of maté too. Through some sort of miracle, somehow the next day I was literally running sections of the trail. 20 miles in less than 8 hours!


After some maté, I grabbed my backpack (and rental car), and then drove to Bland, VA to meet Boyardee, Splinter, and 11:30 to do some trail magic! 



The day was pretty foggy and it was funny because it was the same exact weather I encountered at this spot last year. We had a few hikers come by and had so much fun chatting with all of them.


Here's Roar, 11:30, and Sushi Roll! We all had such a fantastic time talking with Roar and Sushi Roll who are thru-hiking this year and met each other on the trail. Roar was British and Sushi Roll was from Wisconsin.


We made sure we brought lots of goodies. I picked out the Sprites, Splinter picked out the Mountain Dews, and Boyardee and 11:30 picked out the Sutter Homes haha

After a while, Splinter and I had to head to the airport to catch our flights home. We cut it sooo close with bad weather and traffic due to an accident, but we both made our flights in the nick of time.

Cheers to another successful Trail Days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment