June 20, 2017

WE MOVED!


So it's been more than three weeks now (what?!), but on the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend, Joe and I finally made the move from our studio apartment into a one bedroom apartment!

Our new apartment is in the same neighborhood as our old apartment, but it's half a mile south, which puts us a bit closer to work/Trader Joe's/the beach... you know the important things.


Even though we never really had issues living in our studio, having a larger apartment with a separate bedroom feels so luxurious! I love how I'm now able to wake up early and not bother Joe if I make a smoothie or turn on the TV and how we have our own closets and how our apartment gets natural light in the morning (our studio looked out on a really dark alleyway and I could never tell what time of day it was). 

As for the move... it was kind of insane. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it was super exhausting. Joe and I rented a U-Haul van and made two trips between apartments with all of our stuff. We somehow managed to make the first trip on own, but Joe's friends Gabe and Brian came to help us for the second trip which was so awesome. More hands definitely make for lighter work.

The next week or two were spent unpacking, organizing, and then getting some furniture. We're kind of in the settling phase now, but I'm getting excited to start decorating now that we have a better feel for the space. More on that soon (hopefully)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment