July 7, 2017

ROCHESTER WEEKEND

I spent the weekend before the long July 4th weekend in Upstate New York!


I left early on Saturday morning and totally got my timing to the airport spot on.
  • I left my apartment at 4:20 am and decided to take public transit to the airport to save on an expensive Uber ride
  • Made it to the airport at 5:20 am...
  • Made it through security at 5:30 am...
  • Was at the gate at 5:35 am...
  • And boarded at 5:45 am for a 6:00 am take off!!
I thought I'd sleep on the plane, but no. I had the breakfast of champions. A Sprite (my go-to airplane drink) and a stroopwafel! I've never had a stroopwafel on a plane, but was super excited about it. I probably even bought a bag of them from TJ's once I was back in Chicago... 

When I landed, my grandparents picked me up and then I ate another (real) breakfast with them at the diner we've been going to since I was in 1st grade.


In the afternoon, the rest of my family got into Rochester and we went over to my uncle's house for a 50th surprise birthday party for my aunt! Her birthday isn't actually for 6 months so it was more than a little surprising for her, but she absolutely loved it. She's always the party planner for family events so it was nice to celebrate her for a change.


At the party, I spent most of the afternoon catching up with Dan and my younger cousins. We also ate lots and played lots of yard games.


<3 <3 <3

After the party, Dan and I ended up going out with our cousins on my dad's side. We went to the Rochester International Jazz festival and as you do at jazz festivals, we saw lots of jazz.

...And then some of this makeshift dancing stuff too. After that, it was about time to call it a night. 

The next morning the family got together again for brunch (tequila sunrises with my grandma + seeing my cousins' cute kids were the best) and then we headed up to the 1000 Islands. Stay tuned! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment