July 3, 2017

LAST WEEK IN RUNNING // CHICAGO MARATHON TRAINING WEEK 4

So I haven't written about running here in a long while, but do trust me when I say that I've been running! Marathon training is in full swing and I've finally made it back to running 30 mile weeks.

This past week was 30 miles and the week before that was 30 miles. This coming week will probably be a 30 mile week too.

I can't believe I'm back to this point. I always had it in my head that when I could run back-to-back 30 mile weeks, I'd consider myself healed. After running all this mileage, I'm not sure if "healed" is quite the word I should use (I need to do sooo many more wall sits because I've gotten way lazy in that department), but I feel like I'm back to the runner I once was.

SUNDAY // RECOVERY RUN

6 MILES @ 9:47 MIN/MILE

Last week I was in the 1000 Islands from Sunday to Tuesday and I tried to get in as many miles as I could while I was there... it's just so darn beautiful!

For this run, I took Dan along with me. We ran at such a slow, leisurely pace. Dan is in really good shape these days, but rarely runs. I told him going into this run that this was supposed to be a slow run (9:30-10:00 min/mile) and he was cool with that. We ran all around TI Park and spent the whole time chatting.

We first around the exterior of TI Park (2 miles) and then zigzagged around all the inner streets (4 miles). The map of our run is so funny!

After running, we jumped into the river and Dan requested a little photoshoot. LOL!

Also, apparently this was the longest Dan has ever run by like 2.5 miles!! When the family was doing random toasts before dinner, I totally brought Dan's accomplishment up and everyone was so impressed that he went from 3.5 all the way to 6 miles.


MONDAY // TRAIL RUN 

8 MILES @ 10:30 MIN/MILE 





Because this was a trail run, my mile splits were all over the place. This was such a fun/hard/wild run. Dan and my mom accompanied me for much of it and I'm glad they didn't hate me too much. Because the water in the 1000 Islands is at a 65 year high this year and because the trails we normally use were pretty flooded, I maybe made them ford one stream (shoes and socks totally came off...) and then majorly bushwhack around another stream. My mom turned around after 2 miles, but Dan stuck with me almost the whole way.

TUESDAY // LONG

10.25 MILES @ 9:58 MIN/MILE



Ugh. This run was beautiful, but it honestly hurt a lot. The first 5 miles were slow, but good. The next 2.5 were slow, but painful, and the last bit of the run were dark and stormy and a little painful and as fast as I could muster them because it started monsooning and I was carrying my phone and was running on windy roads and the visibility was super low in the rain and fog!


THURSDAY // TEMPO

5.8 MILES @ 8:52 MIN/MILE


This was also a hard run. Before this run, I rolled out of bed at 6:05 am and left my apartment at 6:15 am to make sure I had enough time to get in a tempo run before work. This run was supposed to be two .25 mile repeats @ 5K pace + 4 miles at tempo pace + two more .25 mile repeats at 5K pace. I did all the mileage and the .25 mile repeats were fine, but I had to break the 4 miles into 3 parts and definitely did them 10-20 seconds slower than I was supposed to. :x

All things considered, I still felt accomplished after this run because I managed to squeeze it in before work, but I'm hoping my next tempo run feels way better.

TOTAL // 30 MILES

0 comments:

Post a Comment