August 14, 2017

CHICAGO FROM THE SEARS TOWER

One goal I had during Year 25 has been to see Chicago from the Sears (Willis) Tower. The world certainly has a weird way of bringing things together because as it turns out, I now work in the Sears Tower! (Same job, my office moved). So I technically get to see Chicago from the Sears Tower every day, Monday through Friday!

The other week, one of my coworkers retired, so my company hosted the party at the 99th floor of the building. There were incredible panoramic views and all my coworkers and I spent the first half hour of the party wandering around the floor before we sat down to lunch.




 After the party we went up to the Sky Deck on the 103rd floor where The Ledge is. 

The 103rd floor has these translucent window boxes that jut out a couple feet and you're able to walk onto them and look down from. I don't know why I was so unfazed by them (I had to convince most of my coworkers to step out on it with me, but I had such a fun time jumping around and looking down 103 floors to the street level. 

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but my coworkers are really great. I think it's partially that we have a small office and partially that you get what you give (I've noticed that I'm much more extroverted/way less socially anxious after hiking last year), but I was super hesitant to take this job. It's by no means my dream job, but I really appreciate the people it has brought into my life. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment