The other Tuesday, two events happened in the lives of my favorite Chicago people.
- Joe took his huge Step 2 test that he'd been studying months for!
- Maggie got a job offer as a physical therapist after finding out she passed her boards test!
Yay! Yay! Yay!
Also on Tuesday, I saw this Instagram post and realized that *the* Jeni of Jeni's Ice Cream would be in Chicago for an event. Joe, Maggie, and I are all HUGE Jeni's fans. Anytime we go out to eat somewhere near a Jeni's, we're pretty much bound to end up there.
Case.
And.

Point.
(Also not related, but Joe and Maggie and I have a joke that if you go through my phone, it looks like Joe and Maggie are dating instead of me and Joe because I'm always the photographer so take pictures of them... see below too hahaha!)
It turns out the Jeni's event was the next day, and Joe and Maggie and I had been talking about going out to celebrate so I proposed we go to dinner and then follow it with Jeni's event and they were so onboard.


The event was at Kaiser Tiger, a fun, hangouty summer bar (bocce ball, a live band, stringed-lights hung over picnic tables, etc.), in the most western part of the West Loop. Given such was the case, we decided to eat dinner at Kaiser Tiger too.

Craft beers were ordered, so were too many fries (even if we ate them all...), and I had the tastiest veggie sandwich.
After dinner we went upstairs to the Jeni's x Right Bee event. There were scoops of the Jeni's x Right Bee collaboration sorbet + scoops of Jeni's saltiest caramel ice cream + Right Bee Cider on tap.

We each got a glass of cider, scoops of ice cream, and were in total heaven.
And then we met Jeni! We were on cloud 109, if you will. I fangirled so hard and we asked Jeni the all-important questions of how she likes her popcorn flavored ice cream since it's my favorite and Joe and Maggie hate it. As it turns out, it's one of her favorites and it will be a regular flavor at the new Wrigleyville Jeni's, which will be opening soon :D. It made me like her even more, if that was even possible.
And then we met Jeni! We were on cloud 109, if you will. I fangirled so hard and we asked Jeni the all-important questions of how she likes her popcorn flavored ice cream since it's my favorite and Joe and Maggie hate it. As it turns out, it's one of her favorites and it will be a regular flavor at the new Wrigleyville Jeni's, which will be opening soon :D. It made me like her even more, if that was even possible.



0 comments:
Post a Comment