September 9, 2017

CHICAGO MARATHON TRAINING WEEK 12

Week 12!

2/3 of the way to Marathon Day!

No long runs for me this week (felt like I needed more time after Week 11's 20 miler), but it still felt like a good training week.

SATURDAY // RECOVERY PART 1
3.3 MILES @ 10:30 MIN/MILE
More or less a walk/run on the lakefront path with Joe as we watched the Chicago Air and Water Show.

SATURDAY // RECOVERY PART 2 
4.2 MILES @ 9:22 MIN/MILE 
Just some quality treadmill miles spent watching Gilmore Girls. I'm pretty sure that's my spirit show.

SUNDAY // RUN
7.2 MILES @ 9:09 MIN/MILE 
This one was with my friend Rachel, whom I've been running with for the past month. This was our first run together.  She's one of Joe's friend's girlfriends and every time we get together we talk about running so it was about time we started running together. It only took half a year or something. The run was good, but hot.

TUESDAY // SPEED RUN 
The above + 0.7 warm up and 0.7 cool down. 4.4 miles at 8:04 pace total.

And few more from the run. We finished right after sunset and the sky was so pretty. It's hard to believe autumn is right around the corner though!

WEDNESDAY // TEMPO? RUN 
6 MILES @ 8:44 MIN/MILE 
Rachel and I ran again! It ended up being faster than I planned, so I ended up counting this as my tempo run for the week because I'm really really trying to be better about getting in true recovery runs.

THURSDAY // RECOVERY RUN 
6 MILES @ 10:03 MIN/MILE 
About those recovery runs... This one was slow and easy through Lincoln Park and on the Lakefront Path. It was such a pretty evening. I even saw the Diner en Blanc Chicago event crew on their way to setting up.

TOTAL // 31.1 MILES 

And before signing off... on the Friday of Week 12 (8/25 if you want an idea of how much catching up I have to do here...), I got a Garmin! The Forerunner 620. It was from Craigslist and only $120 and so far works amazing. I've never had a watch that tracks my stride and cadence. It's pretty crazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment