It's been a while. I'm working on putting together a few longer posts to catch up more (it'll probably take me 'til July if I'm being realistic), but for now here's what I've been up to this week:
1. Saturday's Run
The past 2 weeks, I've done my long run with a new friend from Fleet Feet. Our fitness levels are pretty close, but gosh, she gets me to run fast! We chat nearly the whole time and the miles fly by. I'm looking forward to more of these runs this summer.
2. Donuts at Stan's
It's literally 3 minutes away from my apartment, but I hadn't been in sooo long!
3. Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder
Joe and I had been meaning to go here for so long. We tried to a few months ago, but the wait was 3 hours. This time it was only an hour. We ordered pizza pot pies and they were mindblowingly good!
4. Second City
Aka: where we went after our delicious pizza pot pie lunch. It was so funny and when the show let out, I couldn't believe we'd been sitting there for almost 2 hours.
5. Snow
Yup. Sunday into Monday. It wasn't much, but it's April so it kind of was much.
6. A Factory Reset
In trying to clear up space on my phone, my phone freaked out, and it stopped working completely. Ugh. My pictures and contacts were backed up so it wasn't exactly devastating, but it's been a bit of a struggle to restore everything else.
7. Fleet Feet Racing Team Workout
Wow, this was a good one. Going into the workout, I had 35 miles on my legs for the week and they definitely felt tired, but once we started I felt great. 7x1000m (0.62 miles). Most of the reps were at 7:30 pace, but somehow a few of us managed to do the last rep at a 6:50 pace. It kept me smiling all night long. That coupled with the community I feel with the team is making my heart so happy. I know that's cheesy, but that's the only way I know how to describe it.
8. Taxes
9. 45 Miles!
This week I ran the most I've ever run in a single week. It was peak week (I'm running the Kentucky Derby Marathon 2 weeks from today), but I'm still amazed that I made it to 45 miles. Last year at this time I was so excited about hitting my first 20 mile week in 3.5 years. Maybe next year at this time, I'll hit like 70 miles or something lol.
10. Pho at Fuh
A quick and easy dinner and a quiet Friday night with Joe <3


0 comments:
Post a Comment