September was the most jammed-packed month I've had in awhile. In the two weeks between Labor Day Weekend and my trip to Iceland, I felt like I was never home between work, running, and some other fun nights out...
STEVIE NICKS AT RAVINIA




The weekend after Labor Day, Joe and I went to Ravinia, an outdoor amphitheater, to see the *legendary* Stevie Nicks perform! We packed up a picnic complete with two bottles of wine (because you can do that at Ravinia!), took the Metra train up, and had so much fun. We were definitely some of the younger people there, but I love love love Stevie Nicks. Even though Joe doesn't know her music that well, the concert's atmosphere was so great and we both had such a good time.
METS VS. CUBS GAME AT WRIGLEY FIELD
After catching a rooftop Cubs game over LDW, I wanted to catch one in the stadium before the end of summer. After successfully finding some cheap tickets on Craigslist, Joe and I ended up at Wrigley Field on a Wednesday night. The game was Cubs vs. Mets, which was kind of awkward because I like both teams. I told myself I'd cheer for whichever team was down at the bottom of the second inning, but when both teams were tied 2-2, I remained neutral. By the middle of the game however, I found myself cheering for the Cubs, just because everyone else around me was.




HAIM CONCERT AT THE RIVIERA THEATER



So this might sound a little (way?) crazy, but I went to see HAIM by myself. After trying (and failing) to get cheaper tickets on Craigslist, I ended up showing up to the theater and waiting around to see if anyone would be selling extra tickets on the spot. As it turns out, I ended up getting a ticket about 5 minutes before the show started for $35. I found myself standing up in the front by the stage and the concert was incredible. I felt totally comfortable being by myself and had such a good time. The highlight was definitely when Este Haim crowd surfed right over me. How crazy is that?!




0 comments:
Post a Comment