Break so far... I've:
- Bid adieu to Le Copain (and the lovely roommates/amis). It's always sad leaving them, even for a week. These peeps have all become my family the last few years.
- Spent about six hours on a bus to travel 170 miles. Yeah. It was expected, but coach buses... I think I dislike them more than artificial sweeteners, the DMV (I never actually really felt any emotions other than neutral regarding this weird institution), and library snifflers combined.
- Consumed my favorite sandwich (breaded eggplant, mozzarella, red pepper from A&S). Amies, you really must try one at some point!
- Watched an entire season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Yeaaahhhh...
- Drank about 15 cups of tea (mostly apple cinnamon because that's what there was)
- Taught two ski lessons to some three and four year old cuties. :)
- Hung out with Le Frรจre / dinner partied with friends of the lovely mother (they're honestly so so funny... one got interviewed by Chinese television and was dubbed over and another spent half an hour proclaiming the best haircut of his life).
- Skied two runs on Sunday in the rain and fog. Meh... not a good note to end the season on.
- Drove the whole way home from skiing.
- Ate with the fam at an Indian buffet. Since I l have two (lovely) Indian roommates, I was the family's makeshift Indian guru for the night, which was kind of amusing. I could tell them what the weird green pod things were (cardamom)/that it was cardamom and not "cardamon" (that sounds Jamaican ;p). I knew what saag was (it's spinach), what gulab jamun was, that the rice pudding was supposed to be served cold, and could show them how to eat panipuri, etc.
- Finally made it home. Besides the fact that I totally food coma'd, one of the lovely mother's friends left some hand-me-downs from her daughter so I got to play dress-up!/acquired a few new shirts.



0 comments:
Post a Comment