April 27, 2014

Food and a Thought :: Nutella Frangelico Ice Cream Sandwiches

One of my favorite sites to visit from time to time is Pinterst Fails. It shows DIY projects/recipes people saw on Pinterest, tried to make, and (miserably) failed at. Most of them are so funny! Since I try to bake something new every week for Sunday dinner, I resort to Pinterest at least once a month for a dessert recipe idea. Nothing has ever come out horribly since I usually stay pretty realistic with the recipes I pick out and have quite a bit of baking under my belt. However, some things don't always look like the picture. Soo... I thought I'd do something fun. This week, I was inspired by a pin for Nutella Frangelico Ice Cream sandwiches. I thought, how about I try to emulate the ones I saw on Pinterest (and the fancy photography)?!

So... below are two pictures. One I found on Pinterest, one is by yours truly ;). Fill out the poll below, and then see the recipe link for the answer.


Which ice cream sandwiches did I make?
A
B

Poll Maker
(Sorry if  you follow my Instagram... sorta spoiled it. I was pretty darn proud of my food photography).

Recipe (and answer) after the jump.


(Whoosh).

A! For Awesomeness! Or for Actually (this dessert and corresponding photography turned out pretty well).


Recipe here!

Notes: (1) For the ice cream, I combined about ~6 tablespoons of Frangelico with about 90% of a quart of ice cream using hand beaters to make life a bit easier. (2) I should've used less Frangelico (alcohol makes things have a lower freezing point). The ice cream was a bit harder than the typical soft serve. (3) Both the cookies and ice cream were way tasty on their own--I made the cookies using a mason jar as a cookie cutter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment