The Saturday afternoon after Convocation, all the amis and our families ended up at a lake house Ami M's family rented for the weekend for a barbecue! It was really fun to (finally) meet everyone's families... one ami's somewhat surprisingly southern accented mother (well they're actually from Virginia, but I was surprised), another amie's high school aged cousins, another ami's dad who was taking pictures on an iPad, etc. It felt a lot like a family reunion even though I was only related to five people there (and even though my family reunions contain many fewer margaritas and would never have stuff like fajitas and ceviche). Here's some snippets from that fun bit of the weekend:
Cayuga Lake. Talk about a total charmer.

The amis. <3

More amis.

Meeting the amis' siblings was so fun. Especially the two with funny younger sisters. Ami J's sister even filled us in on a song he wrote for her about her being a goat. Besides the fact that it was hysterical, it was pretty cute.
Ami M trying not to feel awkward as I tried to get a hugging picture of him and his sister. I had about ten outtakes of this, but this one came out pretty cute, I think.
Yup. A total charmer.





0 comments:
Post a Comment