June 9, 2014

Graduation Part 3 :: Commencement (Aka: That Time I Graduated From Cornell!)

On Sunday May 25th, 2014, I graduated from Cornell University!!!
I still can't believe I was lucky enough to go to Cornell. Cornell has perhaps been the best chapter of my life yet. I got to take so many interesting classes, go on so many adventures, and most importantly, met some friends who pretty much became family.

Commencement was pretty incredible. Cornell is so huge that it took over an hour to get everyone (5000+ people) lined up and into the stadium where graduation took place. It's hard to believe so many people go to Cornell, especially when it is such a huge campus and people stay cooped up inside during the many cold months of the school year. Commencement itself was pretty brief since Convocation was the day before, but it was special to be in the same place with all those graduating with the Class of 2014 and everyone's families for that brief moment in time.



The rest of the day was a bit of a blur. Lots of pictures. Some receptions. A lovely dinner out with the extended family/Le Copain. An early bedtime to signify my entry into the post-college world.


Thanks for three great ones, Cornell!

( See Part 1, Part 2 )

2 comments: