August 8, 2014

New York Minutes 2 :: Links

My weeks are starting to blend together. That's probably what happens in the working world.

As for the standouts of the week::



01. Last Saturday, Amie AL, Amie DT, and I got froyo. I'm not one to take pictures of food when I'm out, but I was so amused with Amie AL's spartan choice of tart froyo/no toppings that I had to.

02. I saw Hillary Clinton speak last Sunday! Since she lives in my town, she made a surprise visit at the CSSP graduation, and gave a graduation speech! It had nothing to do with politics. Her big takeaway message was whatever you do, always be kind. It was very sweet.

03. I made more sorbet! Green tea lemon ginger. It didn't taste great before it froze, but something about freezing it was magical. The lovely mother and I maybe ate 90% of the quart in one night!...

04. On Tuesday night I had PT. I had a different therapist than usual, which I was originally hesitant about, but it was great to get a second opinion/second set of exercises for my stubborn tendinitis.

05. On Wednesday the father and I went out to the Cornell Club again after our city jobs. I had my standard whiskey sour and some delicious tofu pad thai.

06. Also on Wednesday, not something that happened directly to me, but Le Copain started med school! Can't believe the time has finally come.


07. Finished this book (good enough/super fast paced read) and this book (a pretty quick read, some parts were good, others were so-so and felt unrealistic). Started this book (since I can't just read one book in a trilogy and not read the others) and this brick (it's long and requires more of my attention than anything else I've read this summer, but it's really quite funny and I've been meaning to for awhile now (see #12)).

08. I went "trying on" after work one day (aka: shopping where I don't buy things and then wait for what I liked to go on sale online). Orange you so glad I took this selfie?!

09. Met up with Amie L again last night! We had $1 slices of pizza, which I totally didn't know was a thing, and then headed to a rooftop lounge I had been wanting to go to for a few weeks... except it was closed for a private event! That was way disappointing, but we ended up at a non-rooftop bar just in time for the end of happy hour which was pretty okay too.

10. And now it's a slow day of work at Friday and then the weekend. This weekend I'll be going to PT, one of my cousins is coming to stay for the weekend, I'll likely be making some sangria, and I guess I'll see what else pops up!

How were your weeks, amies? Do you have any fun plans this weekend? As always, I'd loveee to hear!

And now for some links ::

01. Interesting marathon graph.

02. Some reasons why hiking is awesome. (Personally hoping for one or two more trips before winter).

03. Dumb patients.

04. It would be awesome if high speed rail did exist...

05. Speaking of trains, this team effort. Whoa.

06. Orange skirt from above. I'm telling you now, I will get this skirt for no more than $50...

07. Ocean inspired art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment