September 4, 2014

J. Crew's Jenna Lyons On Diet And Fitness

It's no secret that I love J. Crew.
My last 5 purchases?
  • 3 J. Crew Skirts
  • 1 pair of Ray Bans 
  • 1 Anthro Dress On second thought it may have been a J. Crew blazer since I ordered them in the same week. 
I stumbled upon this NY Times article interviewing Jenna Lyons (J. Crew's president and executive creative director) yesterday and thought this bit was so funny:



I'm all for exercise and healthy eating and honestly practice both as much as possible, but I loved her honesty too. Right now with knee issues that prevent me from running and a job that takes up my hours between 7:15am through 6:45pm, I have little time to spend doing much other than lifestyle-centric exercises Monday through Friday.

These "exercises" entail walking a few miles in the city (sometimes in heels), taking the stairs instead of the escalator/elevator whenever possible, carrying a bag with way more stuff than I really need in it, and parking far away at the train station (even though that is unavoidable).

Does anyone else have any good "lifestyle" exercises? (I unfortunately don't work a job that allows me to lift heavy sequins ;) )

( Image via here )

0 comments:

Post a Comment