This week was a quick and busy one!
As for this week ::
01. It turns out that work is called "work" for a reason! ;)
Interesting requests came in, everyone was getting back to me at the same time... I even clocked in a few extra hours!
02. Le father and I dinnered downtown after work one night before heading back to the 914. We split orders of caprese salad, pizza topped with an egg (whoa), a cheese plate, spicy broccoli rabe, and panna cotta. Everything was so fresh and wonderful in an unpretentious kind of way.
03. I Made a cardamom coconut bundt cake. I tried to make it super healthy, but unfortunately super healthy was not the way to go. I'll have to try it out again soon.
04. I opened up an account on Mint! It's like even better than my budget spreadsheet. It even tracks my 401(k) which I would never remember to look at that otherwise!
05. Had an unfortunate run in with the Westboro Baptist Church (who were protesting outside The Today Show of course). Granted all run-ins with them are unfortunate, but I wasn't expecting it, and it is certainly not the way to start your day off. It was unsettling.
06. Hungout on Google+ Hangout with some of the amis! It seriously felt like we were sitting around the table in their Collegetown apartment like we use to on school nights. Back then, we'd sit for hours doing work while talking about random things and looking at stuff on Buzzfeed or Facebook or whatever really. I certainly miss those times a ton, but its' nice to know we can still have something close!
07. Made it to season six of Malcolm In The Middle. It's sooo good.
08. As for reading, I read Gathering Blue (which has literally been on my reading list since fourth grade) and started The Hobbit.
09. This weekend is going to be a good one! The amies and I (hello amies!!) are going on a Finger Lakes wine tour/camping trip! It's definitely going to be a tasty one! Wishing you all lovely ones too wherever you may be! xo
Links ::
01. Graphs for brunchers.
02. A color of lipstick to try... especially since I painted my nails that color this week!
03. This was quite amusing.
04. I like this idea.
05. Perhaps the best thing I read all week shared by a lovely amie whom I had a lovely conversation with last weekend. Definitely worth a read I think!
September 12, 2014
New York Minutes 7 :: Links
( Image via here )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About
Hi! I'm Erin (aka: Amie E)!
This (work-in-progress) is my spot to share all of my post-college, adult-becoming, real-world-taking-on adventures.
Thanks a bunch for reading/skimming/viewing/ accidentally ending up here!
This (work-in-progress) is my spot to share all of my post-college, adult-becoming, real-world-taking-on adventures.
Thanks a bunch for reading/skimming/viewing/ accidentally ending up here!



I want caprese salad with an egg, oh my good gosh. I'm sorry to hear you had a horrible run-in with the Westboro Baptist Church. We hear a lot about them over in the UK but I've never had an encounter with any groups like that, thank goodness! I think you're doing adulthood very well so far! :)
ReplyDeleteOwl Girl | A London lifestyle blog