September 8, 2014

Summer 2014 :: A List In Review


Above are my favorite selfies I took this summer (because why not?) and below is the progress I made on my Summer 2014 list. I officially declared my summer to be over on Labor Day, even though that was dumb, because it totally feels like it will be summer for a few more weeks. Or months. Who knows.

In review... 

1. Read twelve books.
I almost did. I got to 10, plus a few half books read that I'm still working on too.

2. Get a new computer (I've had mine for 6.5+ years). 
(See here.)

3. Get my knee fixed up. 
Well, it's in the process of getting fixed up at least. I've been going to PT and doing all my at-home exercises. My tendinitis is essentially the same, but my leg is getting stronger which should help.

4. Figure "it" out aka: get employed. 
(See here).

5. Finish the Mindy Project (or where it leaves off in season two anyway).

6. Start/finish(?) Downton Abbey.
I got caught up in other shows... namely Grey's Anatomy and Malcolm in the Middle.

7. And Breaking Bad.
I started. I haven't finished yet. Hopefully I will someday soon.

8. Learn how to can/make jam.
Nope :(. I did make some pickles and put them in cans though...

9. Plan/take an exciting trip or three.
Well, a trip to The Thousand Islands happened. And so did a trip out to Chicago to visit Le Copain. I also dreamed of going to California, which will hopefully happen this coming summer. And some lovely amies and I made plans to go wine touring in the lovely Finger Lakes this weekend!

10. Write some letters.
Hopefully the two letters I sent to Le Copain count... I might have to write some more after seeing this the other week though ;)

11. Have a PLL watching party. Or four. Or... make a drinking game out of it. Maybe.
Read the term "party" as "gathering".

12. See Ami T (it has been three years already! :O)
Unfortunately I didn't :/. Hopefully it will happen this fall.

13. Buy jean shorts (I haven't had any since like 5th grade or something)
I have put this on my list for the last three years, but I still don't have a pair. Maybe next year.

14. And Ray Bans (my fake ones only make things darker...they don't stop the glare.)

15. Play Spud / Croquet with the cousins... like old times.
Croquet didn't happen, but spud with the cousins (and Le Copain!) was really fun :)

16. Try to blog 5x a week.
The key word there is try...

0 comments:

Post a Comment