Oh hello! Sorry for the break in this post.
Here resumes where I left off with the wine tour the amies and I took the other weekend.
After Cayuga Lake, we made our way over to Seneca Lake.
We first tasted at Red Newt Cellars, which I have been to twice. They make so many lovely, interesting wines. These above are all the steel tanks they age wine in.
Talk about wine on wine on wine on wine!
We finished our tour at Atwater Vineyards, which makes such a variety of wines (dry, sweet, sparkling, mulled, dessert, etc). The views there were without a doubt the best of the tour.
Also these ladies are totally the best <3
While we were at Atwater, I also managed to find Le Copain's name in the guest book from when we went over Senior Week. That was pretty special. :)
After the tour, we headed to Finger Lakes National Forest and pitched a tent there for the night. We actually ended up spending a lot of time in the car since we were pretty cold. We even managed to prepare dinner and drink wine in there without too much of a mess.
Speaking of the wine, we didn't have a bottle opener so got crafty and pushed the cork into the bottle, which ended up working!
The next morning, I got to live my recent past and show my three lovely amies some of my favorite parts of Ithaca/the surrounding area.We started off with a 7:30am hike to Taughannock Falls. It's seriously one of the coolest geologic formations in New York, and apparently was named for the Native American chief who was pushed off the falls by a rival chief long ago!
(*Thanks for reading the informational signs, Amie DB!).
Afterwards, we made a pit-stop at my beloved Wegmans so I could stock up on my favorite salsas and salad dressings and soba noodles. (If you never heard of Wegman's you should read this.)

After Wegman's, we made perhaps the most important stop anyone can make in Ithaca... CTB (aka: Collegetown Bagels).
I think the amies really liked it too. I got my usual Buttermilk Bialy (sprouts, melted muenster, tomato, and dijon mustard on a bialy) and the amies all got to try their signature rosemary salt bagels.
Once we had breakfast, we made the trek home and ended up taking some pretty back roads through pastoral America, which made for a really nice drive home after a really nice weekend.
Until next time, Finger Lakes!
Other Stuff
01. Wine touring during senior week.
02. The oldest wine I've ever had
03. A few tasty wine (and cider) picks from the tour. All are $20 or less!
- Hellbender from Red Newt (A very tasty and wallet-friendly Port-style wine)
- Black Magic Hard Cider from Bellwether (A beautiful pink hard cider with black currant juice)
- Pinot Bubble from Atwater (A mostly dry sparkling wine with a subtly sweet finish)
- Chablis from Americana (A dry, light white perfect for summer drinking)






Looks like a great time! Well, except for having to hang out in the car because of the cold! But sounds like you made the best of it with all that wine :)
ReplyDelete