October 2, 2014

The One Where I Go To Central Perk With Two Amies!


On Monday night after work, Amie DB, Amie L and I met up after work to visit the pop-up Central Perk Cafee in SoHo, which is open through mid-October to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the show "Friends"!


Can we briefly pause and all drop our jaws to the fact that the first Friends episode was twenty years ago?! (Granted I was a few months shy of three years old, but still... twenty years!)

Friends was the only "adult" show I enjoyed watching as a kid, which I still find funny. I'm guessing it relates to each of the characters having at least one endearing childish trait to them (i.e., Joey's funny guy personality, Rachel in her trying to figure it out stage of life, Phoebe's all-around zaniness, etc.

Jumping back to Monday, the line to get in Central Perk was long (like wrapping around multiple corners and requiring multiple security guards long), but we ate dollar slices of pizza and caught up for an hour while on the line, which made the wait pretty swell.



Central Perk itself was pretty cool once we got in. There was a bunch of Friends memorabilia on display and free coffee sponsored by Eight O'Clock Coffee! (I'm decidedly not a coffee drinker, but I got a caramel macchiato, because when at Central Perk... right?!)


We also got to sit on the Friends couch! That was pretty neat. It's like walking in someone famous's shoes, but sitting where someone's famous's butt has been before. This kind of sounds weird putting it like that, but it's true! But yes. It was so cool. Especially with two of my favorites who have always been there for me when it hasn't been my day, my week, my month, or even my year. ;)

Other things: 
01. The one where Rachel and I wore the same dress. 
02. The one where I link you to a BuzzFeed article of cool Friends fact. 

2 comments:

  1. Friends began 20 years ago?!! Wow. It's still incredibly funny & relevant. WHat a trip. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously though. Mind blown!
      I've been meaning to rewatch the whole for a few years now... I think it'll be my next show to watch completely through (currently working on Grey's Anatomy).
      -E

      Delete