I'm gonna get started now, so let's jump to this past Halloween Friday, which was my first day in the Windy City (which was appropriately very windy (and cold)). Le Copain had classes in the morning so I got a haircut and shopped at Trader Joe's. I'm kind of in love with that place, even if it's not Wegmans.
After Le Copain got out of class, we went on a bit of a goose chase to find the perfect* costume. (*Read "perfect" as "a simple, non-tacky, non-expensive costume that actually looks like we put a little effort into its execution").
That being said, we decided against being Kanyes. (And a few other crude options too. I didn't take pictures of those because... yeah. Let's (mostly) leave it up to the imagination. )
After much deliberation, we ended up with some fancy masks.
I'm not sure if "masquerade ball people" is a real costume, but that's what we decided to be.
I'm not sure if "masquerade ball people" is a real costume, but that's what we decided to be.
At night, we went out with Le Copain's med school friends. The first half of the night was at one of his friend's apartments before going out to a club. Before we launch to the club part, a few notable things happened at this pre-club party.
1. I finally met most of Le Copain's med school friends. They were all super friendly and fun.

2. One of his friends had a very cryptic costume on. It was so cryptic that not a single person could figure it out. My best guess was connect the dots, but it turns out he was "Someone you could count on"! Get it?! Lolz. We all thought is was the most original thing ever. That is, until someone else we could also count on showed up to the party! What are the chances?!?
3. I ran into Amie S's college roommate, H, who is also at med school with Le Copain!
4. I had my first shot of Jagermeister ever. It was interesting in the way that shots tend to be.
5. One of Le Copain's friends maybe awarded me a dollar for yelling "betchezzz" out loud. Hah. At least it was the perfect amount of money to check a coat with at the club, which brings us to that part of the night.
After the pre-club party, we headed out to a club which was ironically titled "Untitled". It was clubby as most clubs are, but classy too. Music. Pretty lights. Dancing. It was pretty great since I can always count on Le Copain to be up for dancing, and dance we did! :)
At the end of the night, Le Copain and I walked back with one of his friends who live in his building and that's pretty much where our Halloween night left off. Stay tuned for part two! xo
1. I finally met most of Le Copain's med school friends. They were all super friendly and fun.

2. One of his friends had a very cryptic costume on. It was so cryptic that not a single person could figure it out. My best guess was connect the dots, but it turns out he was "Someone you could count on"! Get it?! Lolz. We all thought is was the most original thing ever. That is, until someone else we could also count on showed up to the party! What are the chances?!?
3. I ran into Amie S's college roommate, H, who is also at med school with Le Copain!
4. I had my first shot of Jagermeister ever. It was interesting in the way that shots tend to be.
5. One of Le Copain's friends maybe awarded me a dollar for yelling "betchezzz" out loud. Hah. At least it was the perfect amount of money to check a coat with at the club, which brings us to that part of the night.
At the end of the night, Le Copain and I walked back with one of his friends who live in his building and that's pretty much where our Halloween night left off. Stay tuned for part two! xo








I love the first photo. It looks like Christmas to me. Looks as though you had an eventful Halloweekend. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯
ReplyDelete