Hi again! Thanks for tuning in to part two of my Halloweekend in Chicago with Le Copain.
I kind of already covered the Halloween part though, so let's jump to the weekend part.
On Saturday it was still supercalifreakinglicious cold outside so we stayed inside most of the day watching movies and South Park (because I too have the humor of a thirteen (or twenty two) year old boy).
Before dinnertime, Le Copain had to go to a dance practice for a variety show in a few weeks. The dance is a bunch of med school guys doing a bunch hip-hop moves. Oh baby! Lol.
It was super funny to watch. They were all over the place, but none of them were self-conscious. (Above is a really shoddy attempt at a picture in case you couldn't already figure it out ;p).
After the pre-dinner entertainment (for me at least), Le Copain and I had a deep dish pizza dinner. Four cheese from Gino's East like we have the last two times we've been in Chicago together. It's so gooey and good! (And makes a great breakfast the next day!)
Before dinnertime, Le Copain had to go to a dance practice for a variety show in a few weeks. The dance is a bunch of med school guys doing a bunch hip-hop moves. Oh baby! Lol.
It was super funny to watch. They were all over the place, but none of them were self-conscious. (Above is a really shoddy attempt at a picture in case you couldn't already figure it out ;p).
After the pre-dinner entertainment (for me at least), Le Copain and I had a deep dish pizza dinner. Four cheese from Gino's East like we have the last two times we've been in Chicago together. It's so gooey and good! (And makes a great breakfast the next day!)
Later that night we got together with our faves for wine, beer, and cookies and lots of catching up. I have missed these two so much! I kind of want to convince the rest of our peeps to move to the Chicago area so we can all live happily ever after as neighbors (even if I won't live in Chicago until at least a year and a half from now).
On Sunday it was actually decent out so we tagged along with a few of Le Copain's cool med school friends to Chi-Town's Chinatown and I lost my dim sum virginity.
My pickings were somewhat slim as a vegetarian, but vegetable spring rolls, vegetable crepes, and sesame balls were awesome. Maybe I'm the last to try sesame balls, but they were so interesting. I'm actually kind of hankering for one for snack right about now...
After dim sum, Le Copain and I ended up on The Magnificent Mile where we stumbled into an indoor mall that had a Lego store. Too fun! I love this guy too much for playing along. It was just hard to leave him and the ever-so-windy city ever-so-early on Monday morning to head back to NYC.
My pickings were somewhat slim as a vegetarian, but vegetable spring rolls, vegetable crepes, and sesame balls were awesome. Maybe I'm the last to try sesame balls, but they were so interesting. I'm actually kind of hankering for one for snack right about now...
After dim sum, Le Copain and I ended up on The Magnificent Mile where we stumbled into an indoor mall that had a Lego store. Too fun! I love this guy too much for playing along. It was just hard to leave him and the ever-so-windy city ever-so-early on Monday morning to head back to NYC.






0 comments:
Post a Comment