November 27, 2014

So Thanks, Much Giving.

A few months ago, one of the amies told me how lucky I am that at the age of twenty-two, I have both a full-time career and a happy relationship. I wasn't feeling lucky at the time,  but she put things in perspective for me.

The past year has had its moments, good and bad, and most of all changing, but I am lucky and I'm thankful for it all, because no life has ever been perfect, and imperfect lives bring about the most change and personal growth and personal strength, I think.

Among many things, I'm thankful...

For a full-time career that gives purpose to my day. And a happy relationship with a wonderful guy.

For amies who usually go along with my antics. And amis who keep me laughing.

For family. Close and extended. And everything we share.

For my time at Cornell. Because going there was luck in itself and it changed my life in many ways for the better.

For being an American and all the opportunities it offers that I take for granted more than I should.

For getting to experience NYC. And for getting to experience Chicago too (and being able to afford to get there every now and again).

For all of you who follow along here and give kind words of support.

And for little things too. Like egg creams and nail polish and running and skiing and Humans of New York and blogging and J. Crew and iPhones (because it's totally getting me through the duller moments today/the six hour car ride to Rochester ;p) and margaritas (especially after long weeks) and sugar cubes (that I eat plain) and the Adirondacks and Buddhism when I need it and the club/dance station on Pandora that always gets me through hour-long bike workouts and my library providing eBooks free of charge to read on the train and for The Red Hot Chili Peppers and for iron pills that keep me from being anemic and for having the next two days off to relax. (And lots and lots more, of course!)

Wishing you all all happy days of much thanks, much giving, and much love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment