It's been starting to feel a lot like Christmas in New York for a few weeks now. I've been a little hesitant to get excited, but now that it has snowed once and it's officially December, I'm ready to embrace it (and winter) wholeheartedly. I'm even rocking an awesome hat with a huge pom-pom these days!
Coming with the cooler weather and Christmas cheer, I'm looking forward to having a hot chocolate "happy hour" at The City Bakery with the city amies (take this as an official invitation, you two!), maybe a lunch walk or two by the Saks and Lord & Taylor window displays, and tomorrow, the Rockefeller Tree gets lit!
For now, here are a few cheery scenes around New York City from the past few weeks:
The Christmas tree at The Cornell Club. Not that I do much besides use the gym there, but I need to find more excuses to sit in this homey lobby over the next few weeks. I'm thinking I'll maybe sit and listen to Serial here or something.
6th Avenue nighttime sights.
Rockefeller Center cheer.
The Empire State Building from 5th and 45th.
Gosh.
I do love this city.
I do love this city.
And its interesting sights.
And of course its huge (and very early) enthusiasm for Christmas too ;p
And of course its huge (and very early) enthusiasm for Christmas too ;p






so cool! i would love to experience new york over the holidays!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely should! I've never seen decorations on such a huge and elaborate scale outside of NYC.
ReplyDelete