
Over the weekend Le Copain and I went skiing.
Me for the 400th time (the number actually is somewhere near there). Him for the very first time.
I was excited. He was terrified.
Le Copain borrowed some skis, some boots, and a helmet too, and let me teach him to ski against everyone's advice (and possibly their better judgement too) that you should never teach your significant other how to ski. But I did anyways because when have I ever been good at taking advice?
The first time down the bunny slope was difficult and I started wondering if I should've listened to everyone's advice, but we tried again, and each time after that was better, until we were suddenly heading up the real mountain (!!!).
(Not this trail quite yet though).
Once at the top, we took the easiest way down, appropriately named "Lover's Lane", and did it a bunch until Le Copain was pretty much a skiing pro.
Here he is post-skiing and in one piece AND smiling!
On our way home, we made the obligatory stop at the Red Rooster in the town of Brewster for fries and soft-serve to celebrate because Le Copain did pretty darn great. You can see for yourself if you'd like (he's the one in the blue coat). This is him after only an hour! I'll be taking lesson requests all week ;)...







0 comments:
Post a Comment