What's "Le Tour De Brooklyn" you ask? Only the greatest thing ever! That may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it's pretty great (and it's not a bike race).
Le Tour De Brooklyn is hosted by my dear Cornell ami, L, and his four best friends from high school. They're all from Brooklyn and each New Years they take turns hosting a moving (bar crawl-like) party. Each host serves a special drink and snack at their house and we move in between houses between 3:00pm and midnight. Can I get a "YEAH!" to reliving college days? ;)
Overall it was a really good time. Here are some moments from NYE and Le Tour...
These were the drinks from the first stop at 3:00pm(!) in the afternoon. They were made of Bailey's and Kahlua and milk and cocoa and whipped cream and orange zest and pretty much embodied everything that is good in this world (especially sipping them with the amis).
These are the snacks from stop two (pic taken by Ami L's friend). We ate these with vodka lemonades with fresh mint. Since I don't eat marshmallows, I pretty much at half of the celery.
At twilight, we ventured out to The Promenade. I didn't realize they were so great before, but I'm definitely falling in love with these NYC sunsets.
At stop three, I re-met the loveliest corgi named Charlotte. We selfied this year. Stop three also involved a lot of flip-cup. Stuff like that always brings out the competitive spirit in me.
At stop four (aka: Ami L's house), there were St. Germain cocktails. I had never had St. Germaine before, but I will be buying a bottle super soon! They were so good!
After our last stop (encompassing dinner and lots of pineapple juice...with rum... ha), we went across the street to Prospect Park to ring in the New Year with fireworks. I also had my first New Year's kiss ever. It was pretty great.
After fireworks we all went home to collapse.
And eat key lime pie.
It was a really fun night.










Ahh looks like so much fun. Pineapple juice with rum is so good yet sooo bad. Haha.
ReplyDelete:] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲