January 8, 2015

Le Copain Turns 23 (And Celebrates In NYC)!

After eating ramen at Ippudo on New Year's Eve's Eve, Le Copain and I got a little obsessed with ramen. By a little obsessed I mean that it was mostly (but not only!) me, and I'd pretty much bring it up anytime we were eating something inferior (pretty much anything) and anytime I was cold (which was a lot because it's January in New York). 

So to celebrate his birthday, we figured we couldn't go wrong with eating ramen with our two remaining Cornell friends in the city so we went to Momofuku Noodle Bar and did exactly that. 

Afterwards we continued our fooding with some dessert and ended up at Dylan's Candy Bar (which I somehow had never made it to, even after being a middle school girl in Westchester at one point in my life)! But let me tell you, that place is so cool! I kind of felt like this the whole time.  

You can't really read through the blur, but we found chocolate bars with our names on them! Our friends Lee and Merritt weren't so lucky though. :/

This seems like an ordinary picture of chocolate bars, but it's not because it contains Oh Henry! bars. I didn't buy one, but I use to be obsessed them in middle school. I can't even tell you what's in them, but Amie L and I pretty much made a national holiday around the candy bar with the ridiculous name. 

These stairs were so fun! 

So were the walls!

After we browsed around, we got a fishbowl to share because we somehow never had one of those when we were in college. It was certainly a true "Candy Bar" experience and it has led me to come to the conclusion that all fruity drinks should have nerds at the bottom and Swedish Fish garnishes. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment