On the day of New Years Eve's Eve, all the Cornell friends and I were reunited after being apart for seven months and it felt so GOOD!! We spent most of the day exploring Manhattan and Brooklyn (and getting back into the same rhythm of jokes and banter we had back during our Cornell days).
For lunch we ate at the hidden-gem known as the Chelsea Market, which is probably not that hidden and probably actually very well-known, but I never knew it existed. This goes to show how much of a New Yorker I actually am, and how much I still need to up my New Yorker game.
The Market was awesome though and I wouldn't mind spending a whole day eating Asian sandwiches and fruity teas and donuts and gelato there in the future. Also tacos. We all had those for lunch. Mine came with cactus. They were so D to the E to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S.
We walked off our food on the High Line, which wasn't quite as cool as it is during summertime, but it was still pretty in its modest wintry ways and the views without leaves to block them couldn't be beat!
We walked around Union Square and Washington Square Park before dinner. The sunset was pretty pretty.
For dinner, we ate ramen at Ippudo! I'd never heard of it before and had never even had ramen before, (not even those Cup of Noodles things!), but oh my gosh, it was so good! I couldn't shut up about it for the rest of the weekend. I already think I need to go back.


After dinner, our very full day turned into a very full night. We ended up at a bar with shuffleboard and board games. We naturally chose the latter since it was free and since shuffleboard seemed too involved after a long day lol.













0 comments:
Post a Comment