February 4, 2015

A Fancy Food Trick :: Homemade Dulce De Leche Sauce

Back when my lovely Cornell roommates and I went out for dinner a few weeks ago, we got crepes afterwards. Best. Decision. Ever. They both got Nutella and strawberry and I got dulce de leche even though I had never had it before. Other. Best. Decision. Ever. After thinking back on it for a few weeks, I decided I would look up how to make my own DDL online and gosh -- even though it takes the longest time, it requires ingredients most people probably have on hand anyway and as long as you stir every now and then, there's not too much to mess up. So here's how you can make it:

The Ingredients
1 quart 2% milk
1.25 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

The Directions
Combine ingredients in saucepan over medium/high heat, stirring every 2-3 minutes. Once bubbling, turn medium/low heat to simmer. Stir every 5(ish minutes). Simmer until thickened/mixture fills 1 to 1.5 cups (depending on desired thickness). Transfer to container and store in refrigerator. Or transfer to a crépe and eat. ;)

And just for a throwback to mid-January...
 ♥       Miss these girls!       ♥ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment