Back during freshman year of college she introduced me to Owen and even though I never ventured outside the few songs I originally got hooked on, do believe me when I say that I listened to those on repeat for weeks on end. Months, really!
The concert was in Williamsburg, so after we grabbed a quick bite in Manhattan we beelined to Brooklyn to make sure we didn't miss the concert's start... except our tickets lied and said the concert was at 8 even though the music didn't come on until after 9. Oops! Even though we were pretty bummed, the extra hour was perfect for some some hipster spotting because when in Williamsburg!
Once the music started we were all in good spirits again. Owen was incredible. He does 10x more with a violin than anyone I've ever seen... there was all the regular stuff, plus plucking, strumming, a loop pedal, ... he even screamed into it during one of the songs! It was a very good show. You could definitely tell from all the head nodding in the concert. There was lots of head nodding. Sometimes I even watched the crowd instead of Owen. I swear that one guy didn't stop lively nodding his head the entire time!
In case you're interested in sampling (and possibly nodding your own head to) some Owen, here are a few tracks to start with:
- This is a good one.
- I picked up this one from the concert.
- Amie L would recommend this one. I like it a lot too.
- My favorite.




0 comments:
Post a Comment