The move in itself wasn't too horrible, but it definitely had some missteps.
Here are all the ones I can think of:
- The mattress I was going to bring from home didn't fit in my car so I'm in a sleeping bag on the floor until Thursday when the mattress I ordered arrives.
- The bed frame I found on Craigslist and picked up is wonderful, but left a pretty nasty gash in my winter coat.
- My mom couldn't find parking nearby so I had to carry everything upstairs on my own.
- When we brought Amie DB's dad upstairs, we met him where he had parked and walked to the apartment, entered, and went all the way to the fifth floor to our apartment, but no matter how hard we all tried, the keys wouldn't work. The girl who opened the door promptly shut it and we were all so confused. We checked the door again and it said our apartment number, but I ran downstairs and I realized we were in the apartment next door which happens to be an exact replica of our building. So confusing. So awkward.
Stay tuned for some prettier pictures in the near future!
PS: I got my exposed brick!
PPS: See the birthday list here (moving into an apartment was on it).




OMG! WELCOME TO THE UES, NEIGHBOR!
ReplyDelete