February 10, 2015

Week One On The Upper East Side


Good morning Upper East Siders, Amie E here. Your one and only source in the not-so scandalous life of none other than myself. Top story here today is playing catch up for everything that happened last week so I'm going to do that, and it's probably going to be lame, and it's not going to involve Serena van der Woodsen, so I'm sorry if that's the only reason you were here...

Last week, Amie DB and I worked to settle into our apartment. It has a long way to go (e.g., we don't have a shower curtain or big pots), but it's shaping up.

On Monday, New York was hit with a snow/ice storm that made for a treacherous first commute, but less treacherous than commuting from Westchester. Speaking of commuting, there was the Metro North accident on Tuesday. So scary and sad. That was the route I took daily and the same train I took every few weeks. I still can't stop looking at all the articles about the people who died and the investigation of the accident.

On Wednesday, I met Amie DB at her office's happy hour after a long day of work (work has gotten so crazy lately!) and perhaps got more than I asked for when I asked for a splash of beer. Hah. Walking home afterwards, I found two mirrors. And somehow managed to lose my keys when getting them into my apartment... at least the mirrors work though. Still haven't found the keys though.

In addition to key issues, I also had mattress issues. Mine was supposed to come on Thursday and did come on Thursday, except it shipped without the box spring. Yup. Thursday was a frustrating one. At least I have a pretty great roommate, pretty great parents, and got to talk to those pretty great Cornell friends on Google Hangout.

And then it was the weekend. There was wine and chatter with Amie L and her copain, D on Friday night, moving furniture with the help of a lovely brother on Saturday morning, and a Matisse exhibit with Amie AB late on Saturday night. All in all a good first week on the Upper East Side, but I'm a bit ready to be done with all this settling in. Stay tuned for more of that in the coming weeks!

xoxo,
Amie E

0 comments:

Post a Comment